Friday, February 27, 2009

Painting Trees



Tree Observation 1

Less is more? More is more.... I'm working on the layering of the first of the five tree paintings. I think I have to go back and gradate the back into white again as the trees are getting lost. I love the calm feeling from them and the fact that the painting appears like a keyhole window. It will be great with a natural stained wooden frame. I missed the physical act of painting. I'll have to buy some bee's wax to test out dripping over the surface. This creates a texture like natural lichens. I saw it used in a show in Toronto.

2 comments:

  1. It looks really great.
    I can't wait to see the final product!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Gardner! looks amazing- i mist agree with finding beautiful surprises out of different media ideas is super fun! i too cant wait to see the final!

    Dee

    ReplyDelete